top of page

Getting Started


I take great pride in helping you through the marriage process. Before you can be married in Alberta, there are two things you must do- get a license and choose a marriage officiant.


Choosing a Marriage Officiant

As an Alberta Marriage Commissioner, I am appointed by the Government of Alberta with legal authority to perform civil marriage ceremonies in Alberta. Please contact me to confirm my availability. We will arrange a meeting so I can hear your story and discuss the words and feelings you wish to include in your ceremony.  Your ideal ceremony awaits!


Getting a Marriage Licence

You do not have to be an Alberta resident to be married in Alberta. A marriage licence shows the marriage commissioner that a couple meets the laws to be married in Alberta. To be married, a couple must apply for a Marriage Licence at an Alberta registry agent office. The license is valid for three months.

© 2015 by Bruce Halliday Alberta Marriage Commissioner and wedding officiant. Ceremony by Bruce.

officiant for wedding,wedding officiant,officiant wedding,wedding ceremony officiant,calgary marriage commissioner,wedding officiants,marriage officiant

wedding ceremonies,officiating a wedding,officiate wedding,officiate a wedding,marriage commissioner calgary,non denominational wedding officiant,wedding officiant cost,local wedding officiants

officiants for weddings,wedding ceremony,wedding ceremony ideas,who can officiate a wedding,marriage celebrant,civil,marriage ceremony,marriage ceremony,civil marriage,marriage ceremonies

bottom of page